Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good morning to you too.

I was grumpy about getting up with Oliver this morning. I'm really not a morning person and the last thing I want to do at 9AM is play basketball over and over again. This morning, instead of playing with him or turning on the TV, I opened up the toy box and let him play all by himself. He kept trying to crawl over and share his toys with me, but I was too grumpy to play with him. I more or less ignored him and spent some time checking my email.

But then I heard him clapping and I looked- up. There he was, standing all by himself in the middle of the room. No support. No wobbling. Just standing up and clapping for himself.

It is good to know that even if nobody else is around to be happy for him, Oliver will be happy for himself.  I could learn a thing or two from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment