Wednesday, April 9, 2014

You may call me The Master Carpenter.


Today was a nice day, so I had to get outside and do a project. I love projects. I like fixing things and NOTHING is better than building things.

I was going to have a giant community garden plot this summer, but when I found out I was pregnant I decided I couldn't keep up with that much work and I gave it up. Instead, I planned a much more reasonably-sized garden bed for our yard. It's large enough to give me something to do.  And it's Small enough that I can shout weeding commands to  Jared while I sit on the deck with ice water. You know, should I become incapacitated or something.

I put the kids to bed and then I set to work playing with the cedar lumber. By the time the kids got up, my raised bed was finished. WHOO HOO.

Mya, the best carpenter dog ever who is afraid of power tools.

Completed 4'x8' raised bed.

I was sitting on the patio feeling pretty great about myself and my amazing prowess with a power drill when Oliver came outside.

"What's that?" he asked.
"A raised garden bed!"
"What does it do?"
"I'm going to fill it with dirt and then plant things in it."
"You built a box for dirt?"

Yes. I built a box for dirt. It sounds so impressive when you put it that way. Thanks for building up my confidence, Oliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment