Sunday, May 1, 2011

Nap Battles.

Guess what! He's still not napping. Today I turned down all the lights in the house, turned off all noise, and read him the same three books over and over again until he fell asleep in my lap. Then, I picked him up, he realized we were heading to the bedroom, and he screamed. I put him down and he was silent for 2 minutes. Just long enough for me to get my hopes up. Then he screamed more. Sadistic, sadistic child.

He is sleeping less and less. He's getting up earlier and earlier in the morning and going to bed later and later. He is a zombie. And he's starting to get crabby. Really crabby.

And, worse yet, I'm starting to get crabby. I function very poorly when I don't get enough sleep. I've been having problems sleeping even before this so now I feel completely screwed. I just want to go to bed.

I've been trying to remember that me being grumpy makes him seem 10x grumpier than he really is, but it's hard. Really hard. Terribly hard not to be grumpy when I am so sleepy and there is so much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment