Friday, June 4, 2010

Home sweet boxes.

We have a lot of stuff unpacked. You can look at the big mountains of empty boxes, so you know that stuff had to go somewhere... right? But if you were just peeking into our apartment right now, you'd think we just moved all of our stuff in yesterday.

Progress is slow. we don't know where to put stuff. We have storage space, but we're at a loss as to how to organize it. I want some sort of coherence to my storage - is that so much to ask?

Somebody is coming by today to take my old bedroom set and the dining room table that I like so much. We just don't have space, and the mentality I've been trying to hold throughout this move has been: easy come, easy go. Pass a good deal onto somebody else while freeing my mind from the clutter.

We're selling the bedroom set I had for the price we paid for our new bedroom set in the As-Is section in Ikea. The table $ I'm hoping will go towards some barstools.

We need to get some colour up in here. I'm drowning in the neutral tones. Neutral just isn't my thing. Neutral feels like nursing home. The happy shower curtain I bought is going to be my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment