Friday, June 11, 2010

We might fill with laughter until we break.


I guess I haven't written much lately because nothing has really happened. It can be awfully hard to write about nothing. We've been sitting around the apartment being a family. It is uniquely refreshing.


Yesterday we were cruising down the highway with Natalie Merchant and the 10,000 Maniac's These Are Days playing on the iPod, and it was nice to just kick back and say "Yes!" to the lyrics. Yes. These are days we'll remember.  Yes, I do know it's true that I am blessed and lucky. It is true that I'm part of miracles I see in every hour. Yes, yes, yes to it all.



It is a corny song but I've always loved it just because it makes me feel so good inside. One of my guilty pleasure iPod picks. I dare you to drive down a country road with the windows open and that song playing and not feel happy with your lot in life. Yesterday was just a good reminder that we are taking on the world and totally kicking ass, just the three of us. That everything has always been and will be okay somehow. I really believe that.



But anyway! Things are going to start happening soon. We'll be roadtripping it to West Virgina for our niece's birthday party and family gathering, and shortly after we get back we're leaving for the scenic Oregon coast.



I may have nothing to write about for the time being, but let me assure you... One cannot come out on the other side of a family roadtrip without some outlandish tales of agony/embarrassment/delightful mishaps to share. Brace yourself.

_______________________

P.S. This is one of the most ridiculous videos I've ever seen in my life. Disregard the images, listen to the music!



Lyrics:


These are days you'll remember.
Never before and never since,
I promise, will the whole world be warm as this.
And as you feel it, you'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky.
It's true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.

These are days you'll remember.

When May is rushing over you with desire to be part of the miracles you see in every hour. You'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky.
It's true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.

These are days.

These are the days you might fill with laughter until you break.
These days you might feel a shaft of light make its way across your face.
And when you do you'll know how it was meant to be.
See the signs and know their meaning.
It's true, you'll know how it was meant to be.
Hear the signs and know they're speaking to you, to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment