Sunday, June 20, 2010

We're here.

We made it here on Friday. Here being West Virginia. Let me tell you, there are some pieces of work that live on the sides of mountains. And it is mighty spooky outside after dark.

Every time I step outside after nightfall, I picture cannibals and/or serial killers weirdos. (Think Ed Gein - sure, he was a bit weird but everyone in his tiny town in the middle of nowhere thought he was alright. Except  when they found  one day that he collected shrunken heads and made furniture slip covers out of human skin. And no one even noticed the murdering because, well, it was Small Town USA and there is no one to hear you scream. I rest my case.)

And when I step outside, all I can hear is this:




(And for those of you who haven't seen the movie Deliverance, well, you ought to. Especially before you go about traveling on any mountain roads.)


I'll give you actual updates later, as I need to get out the camera cord to upload the pictures of our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment