Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm trying.

I've been having a rough couple of days. I'm trying very hard to remember that everything is always okay. No matter what. I suppose deep down I know that, but it is hard. It is really, really hard. I'm reeling from how fast I can go from feeling on top of the world to feeling at rock bottom.

I don't want to get into specifics or anything right now, and chances are I don't want to talk about it with you. I just want to spend a few days trying to figure out where I can start to make my life feel better again. I wish I had some sage words of wisdom about how I'm going to weather this storm well and come out a better person on the other side, but I've got nothing. I'm just going to wake up again tomorrow and put my best foot forward. Right now, that's the best I can do. And even if that's all I do, it will be good enough.

Why am I telling you this if I probably don't want to talk about it with you? A few reasons:

1. I want you to think good things for me. Pray for me if that's what you believe. Be understanding if I'm distant from you. And if I call you and ask to come over for a bowl of cereal, just know that I need it right now.
2. I don't want you all worrying. A few of you email and ask if I'm alright when I'm absent for a while, so I wanted to forewarn you that I might be taking a  little break from my blog. I think. The posts that I'm writing are just too personal to shove out there. At least right now. So they sit in my secret box, published only for myself.
3. I'm hoping that just writing the words "Tomorrow will be better" will make me believe them more. Writing these posts has always made me feel better, so I'm hoping tonight will be no different.

And tomorrow will be better.
Tomorrow will be better.
Tomorrow will be better.
It just has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment