Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Patio furniture.

So... I know you're not supposed to covet your neighbors' goods and all but...I really want patio furniture.

Everybody in our neighborhood has patio furniture. And they are ALWAYS out there enjoying it.

I do not have patio furniture. I drag out a plain old kitchen chair and soak up my white trash vibes as I sit out there eating lunch. And it's not very comfortable. And it's hard to get the chair back inside.

I am sitting on a a plain wooden chair completely alone on my completely empty deck. While eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. While Oliver runs in and out of the house with peanut butter and jelly smeared on his face.  Meanwhile, our neighbors wave across the lawn from their schnazzy patio sets as they grill up some tasty dinner on their shiny mega-beast gas grills. Presumably, they're grilling rack of lamb or some other fancy pants meal like that. I am certain of it. Surely people with such nice patio furniture don't just grill brats and burgers, right?

I have a goal for my rummage sale-ing this season. I need to find me some respectable sittin' pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment