Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yeah. Happy Easter.

Having a kid makes you cease to exist as the baby of the family. It means you will not get as many presents for Christmas. It means that you will not receive the Easter baskets anymore. Birthday presents for you are actually more things for your kid. People do not call you up and ask, "Hey,  how are you doing?"

From now on, it is "Hey, how is Oliver?" That child is stealing my thunder, but more importantly my peanut butter cup eggs... I will, however, be making up for it this October when I eat all of his Halloween candy. Because I can hold a grudge that long.

Anyway. Even if I did ahve Easter candy I couldn't eat it. My face is hurting like a banshee (banshees = lots of hurt) and I could barely eat my scrambled eggs this morning. Yesterday I managed to eat a chicken sandwich, but today seems much worse and I am much more swollen... Stupid wisdom teeth. Should have left them in there. I get the feeling I am going to have to have the dentist mess around again because I can feel even more bone sticking out of my gum. Gross.

In an effort to distract myself from my face holes, I:

1. Made dinner already in the slow cooker.
2. Made bread.
3. Cleaned the kitchen.
4. Made papple sauce baby food. (Apple/pear combo)
5. Made papaya baby food.
6. Read the latest chapters in my baby books.
7. Sorted through Oliver's old clothes.

I have nothing else I want to do, and my face still hurts. Next, I am going to try wailing. My mouth is so swollen that I can't close it all the way, so teeth gnashing is out. But I think the wailing I can handle. That ought to make me feel better.

P.S. I took pictures of Oliver enjoying (aka tearing apart) his Easter basket. I'll post them later, when my face comes back from hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment