Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Single Parenthood.

Jared's only been gone on his business trip for a few days but I am going to complain anyway. It sucks to be by yourself with a kid. It really does.

But.




With that being said, cleaning the house is a lot easier. There are only half of the dishes to be done. I can make whatever I want for dinner. I don't have to share the computer or sit through things I don't want to watch on TV. The sheets stay nice and neatly made and there are no glasses or bowls to pick up from his side of the bed. And I know you won't believe this, but there is not one single pair of boxers on the floor outside of the shower!

Living by yourself is eassssy. Or, I think it would be if I weren't crippled and homebound. And I didn't have to watch Oliver 24/7.



We got a big flood of rain followed by a big dump of snow yesterday and today. The roads and sidewalks are one giant slushie. To top things off, it's very warm outside so EVERYTHING is soaked and very heavy.  The snowplow created a giant mountain at the end of the driveway so we're stuck at home. I tried for about 5 minutes to shovel and then I realized that hte snow was just too wet and heavy for me to be moving right now. I also didn't think it'd be a great idea to be pulling the cord on the snowblower, so the snow mountain remains to gloat. It will be hell to get the garbage and recycling cans out to the curb on Friday morning.

I am undecided if I can just pretend that my car is a Hummer and go crashing right through Mount Slush if need be.
 

But, snow and crippledness aside, it is really difficult to go all day without any adult interaction. It is hard when I want to tap out at 5:30 and spend some time doing things that don't involve telling Oliver to stop throwing stuff at the dog. It is even harder when it's the middle of the night and Oliver wakes up repeatedly because the snow and ice are making tapping noises on his window. It's even harder still when Oliver shouts up from the basement, "Mom, I pooped!" and you see the trail of too-many-Mandarin-oranges diarrhea all up the steps and across the carpet.

I really can't wait for Jared to be home. I would rather do more dishes and put up with his crappy TV shows than have to deal with that.

1 comment:

  1. You need to get a babysitter for oliver.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete