Saturday, August 1, 2009

Busy week(s) news.

I know I've been gone a long time, so sue me. I'm back now, at least for today.

Things have been pretty busy - some is good busy, some is bad busy but overall things are good.

I'll start with the bad news first and then move on to the good news, otherwise people might be tempted to skip out on this post as soon as the good is over. I'll go in chronological order.

My friend Robbi's son was hit by a car and suffered some pretty severe injuries. They replaced part of his skull with mesh because his brain was swelling so much, and he's been intentionally kept in a coma since then. They're working on waking him up, but its a slow process and they don't know exactly what will be in store for Ian when he does wake up. This has been hard for me, but I've been thinking good thoughts for them because they are good, kind people and I know that good is going to come back to them somehow. Even though he is only 7 (I think) he has the best chance of any kid I know at beating this thing. Ian has an awesome older brother who will lovingly take care of him, and Ian's parents will fight to give Ian everything he needs to recover quickly. So, if you read this - keep Robbi, Ian & her family in your thoughts or prayers or whatever your beliefs are.

Also this week, I found an old yellow lab limping around in the street outside my house. I felt so sad for that dog, but also I was scared to go near her lest she be infected with rabies or something and bite me. My kind neighbors called the dog out of the street and gave her water, and since hse seemed nice enough I brought over the dog food my parents had in the car for Bentley and gave her a nice scratch. We called the humane society and found somebody to come pick her up, but for some reason I keep thinking about her and wondering if she is OK. I had nightmares about her last night. I know its just a dog and that it doesn't matter, but I just can't get her out of my head.

Last, but not least, my sister Elisa was checked into the hospital because her water broke and she was only 29 weeks along. But...

That actually sort of belongs in the good news section, because this morning the baby was delivered via cesarean section, and all things considered, seems to be doing well. Her name is Josephine Evelyn, and she weighs a whopping 2 pounds and 4 ounces and is about 14 inches long. She'll probably be in NICU for 6 weeks or so (I think) so we have some time to get her home ready for her.

More good news:

Jared's friend Rob came to visit, and we had a good time doing mostly stupid things. It was nice to take a break from doing boring house stuff, and Jared enjoyed seeing his best friend from back home.

Jared will have a cell phone as soon as he fixes a minor problem with his order. It will make me feel a lot better knowing that I can get in touch with him should I go in to the hospital or anything like that.

I've been feeling pretty well lately, aside from the usual sleepy and round-ness feelings. The CNM has me going in every week now, so between helping out my sister, getting things ready for Babyzilla, and running to my appointments I'll be busy. Better busy than bored though, right?

I feel like I have a lot more to post but at the moment nothing is coming to mind. I'm at my sister's house, so I'm going to use her shower while I can. For some mysterious reason, our apartment's shower no longer gets any cold water so we're waiting for that to be fixed now. Christa's shower is nicer anyway, so I'll think of this as a mini vacation from my own death trap tub.

If you're dying for more details of my life, well.. you'll have to call me, because I don't know when I'll get back to posting regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment