Thursday, January 19, 2012

Potty Training.

We've been working the potty training horse pretty hard this week.  We've had mixed success.

Some days he stays dry all day long, other days he refuses to go and says he hates the potty. Worse still, sometimes he tries hard and still pees all over the floor anyway.

He's been wearing underwear, which he quite likes because they are "so cute, Mom!" That wasn't really the angle I was pushing, but hey. It works for him. He was examining the hole in his little Thomas the Tank Engine briefs this morning.

"Oh look! A hole! Is for screwdriver!"

He shoved his plastic screwdriver into the underwear hole and walked around with the bright red handle sticking out like some obscene erection.

"I don't think that's really what that hole is for. I think it's so you can pee out of that hole when you get so good at peeing that you can pee standing up."
"Is for screwdriver, Mom. I know."
"Well, I guess I don't really know. Because I've never worn boys' underwear."
"Yeah. I know."

How do people even do this? There are only so many enthusiastic ways I can say, "Well, you missed but there is always next time." Especially when what I really want to say is, "Well, you missed so maybe this could be your turn to clean up this lake of urine." or "Well, you missed so maybe you should have sat on the potty 2 minutes ago when I suggested it." I don't think this is how it goes for most people...

But then again, what do I know? I've never worn boys' underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment