Friday, January 27, 2012

This will be a long day.

Last night, to celebrate the potty training success (and also because we just finally got everything set up in there) we let Oliver sleep in his big boy bed downstairs. He was very excited. He didn't fight going to sleep. He stayed in bed all night long. It was a success greater than I'd hoped for.

The problem is though.. we still don't have the shades installed in his room. He got up with the sunrise. He was in my room by 7:10. I expected this, but expecting it and actually living through it are two different things.

Today is going to be a long day.

As soon as I got up to change Oliver out of his PJs, I stepped in a pile of dog barf.  I suspect that this is her revenge for being locked in the garage for an hour yesterday. I did my best to clean it up, but with all of this other potty-related activity... Well, we're out of enzyme cleaner.

I picked out Oliver's clothes and found that he was out of underwear. I forgot to switch the laundry last night, so they were all wet in the washing machine. 8 pairs of underwear seems like a lot, unless you sometimes dribble little spots of pee before you realize it or spill little bits of water/milk/juice down your front.

I switched the laundry and tried to convince Oliver that it was okay to wear either a diaper or nothing for the hour while the laundry dried. He said it was not okay. He said he needed the underwear in order to use the potty.

In fact, he was so angry that he said he would not pee on the potty without underwear. He said he would pee on the floor. To prove his point, he peed right there on the bedroom carpet while I was sitting not even one foot away watching him.  Insubordinate peeing. Great.

"I told you, Mom. I pee on the floor."

No comments:

Post a Comment