Monday, January 30, 2012

I hate the ER.

Yesterday, instead of hanging out with friends, we decided to take a trip to the ER. I had contractions and bleeding so I freaked out and went in.

Basically, they told me I was fine - just bursting polyps or something. Orders? Relax and drink water. I can't drink anymore water. The amount of water I drink is already insane. Of course, it took them a few hours to tell me this. And who knows how much it will cost us. But anyway. That's what we did yesterday.

The good news, though, is that Oliver kept a pair of underwear clean and dry all day long. He even pooped (twice) in the potty. This morning when he got up he discussed this with me.

"These are fresh! Now I can wear them another day! And I wear them tomorrow!"

I didn't know if I should mention that underwear get dirty just by wearing them even if you don't pee on them. I didn't want to confuse/discourage him so I just said nothing. While we were downstairs switching laundry, he saw several pairs of my underwear.

"You pee underwear? They dirty!"
"Yeah but I didn't pee in them."
"Oh. You poop!"

And then he ran away laughing before I could even defend myself. Not even 10 minutes later, he burst into the bathroom and saw me peeing.

"Good job, Mom! I am so proud of you!"

That is pretty much verbatim what I say to him when he goes on the potty.  I'm pretty sure he thinks I am potty training myself, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment