Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Creamed corn vs regular corn

Today I had a discussion with my sister about creamed corn. She didn't believe me that it was about hte same as regular canned corn. We had to get out the cans and check. It was a victory for me, because creamed corn is really the only canned corn option in my book.

That made us discuss my diet, and whether or not it is good enough. I tried to think of other vegetables that I eat, and there really aren't many. Corn I love to eat almost any way its served. I eat celery, but only with peanut butter on it. I eat broccoli but only with cheese sauce on it. Same goes for cauliflower. I eat spinach, but only creamed or on sandwiches. I'll tolerate peas & green beans (especially french cut). Other vegetables I like cooked to mush and served in other dishes... I like cooked carrots and celery and peas in soups and chicken pot pies. Give me a raw carrot, however, and I will barf it up. Same goes iwth trying to make me eat any lettuce salad, squash served in any manner, or asparagus. I just can't do it.

That made me remember the V8 juice I have. Its supposedly the same as a full serving of vegetables, but I don't know that I exactly buy that. I feel like I'm missing out on the fiber or something, just because it tastes so good.

Probably the biggest problem I have is that I don't like protein. I'll drink milk like no tomorrow, but milk being hte incomplete protein that it is... its not good enough. I like baked and refried beans, but then look at the salt/fat content. I hate fish. I HATE fish. I don't really like red meat, unless its shaped into a hamburger. Chicken only does so much for me, and pork is just okay. Above and beyond the problem of not liking protein, how am I supposed to get it in my room? Its not like I can roast a chicken or anything in here. I'm at the mercy of UDS, who loves to slather on gross sauces and serve odd combinations (bleu cheese pineapple roast anyone? ew.)

I could go for a dill pickle roast right about now, actually. But I don't know when I'd have an occasion to make it.

I think I'm going to clean my room while Jared is gone all day.. it means my room'll stay clean for at least the duration of his absence.

-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment