Monday, May 17, 2010

On the move.


We're on the move. I've been packing and organizing things a bit, and that's a chore I'm already starting to hate. We have two weeks to get out of this place, but we don't know where we're going yet. Today I'm taking Jared to look at a condo that could be our next potential home, and I've got my hopes up. I mean sure, the place is ugly, but besides that... I guess I can't put a finger on anything that is really that wrong with it. I'm sure I can work it somehow, if Jared decides he likes it. I am queen of Making It Work.

Oliver has also been pretty busy these days. This morning when I went to pick him up from his crib he was sitting up, happy as a clam. Jared said he's seen Oliver sit up by himself before, but today was my first time. It is kind of exciting but also a bit terrifying because I'd like to be able to pack, unpack, & clean up without Oliver's "help" getting in the way.


So far I've been able to entertain him by giving him a box, putting stuff in the box, and letting him take the stuff out. Great fun! He also likes nothing more than to sit in the boxes, which I find especially amusing because there is the plastic sticker on each of the big Rubbermaid totes that says DO NOT PLACE CHILD IN THIS CONTAINER.

It is quite interesting to think though that he went from this cute blob:


to this little baby helping me pack boxes:


All in 7 months' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment