Saturday, May 22, 2010

Waterbed covered in flannel.

So, I was lying in bed reading my book when I decided cookies were in order.

(Side note: I especially related to this exceprt from the book:

"People kept trying to prepare me for how soft and mushy my stomach would be after I gave birth, but I secretly thought, Not this old Buckerina. I think most people undergoing chemo secretly believe they won't lose their hair. Oh but my stomach, she is like a waterbed covered with flannel now. When I lie on my side in bed, my stomach lies politely beside me, like a puppy."

Picture that, and it is exactly like me. A good read. Purchase it used from Amazon for a shiny copper Lincoln. Literally. Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year)

But anyway, I wanted cookies. And Jared said, "I'll watch The Doob while you go run to the store to get cookie dough."

I responded, "I could just make it myself."

Jared, "You can do that? Isn't that hard?"

"No. Haven't you ever made cookies before?"

"No. Except maybe one time I helped with sugar cookies."

Seriously?! Something must be wrong with him. Note to self: Make sure to make cookie with Oliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment