Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Further evidence pregnancy took over my mind.

Okay, I know this will sound really crazy, and that half of my readership (approx 1.5 people) may wish to stop associating with me. BUT... for the sake of self deprecating humor, I'll throw this out there:

I have been seeing the grim reaper. I know, I know... before you say anything about the grim reaper not existing, well... I don't care. Last night I was lying on my futon, and I looked up in a semi-conscious state and was freaked out by a black blanket draped over my loft. It had been bunched up in just a way that it looked incredibly like the grim reaper's hooded cloak. After a momentary startle, I was okay and I stood up and moved the blanket so it was no longer so ominous looking.

But then, just before daylight this morning, I woke up and looked up at my loft again to see... THE GRIM REAPER. Only this time, not only was it my black blanket draped like a hood, it was draped like a hood over the top of my favorite stuffed bear. Don't tell me that isn't freaky, because it is.

Now, I'm not a superstitious person and I didn't take that as an omen of death or anything, but... still. I admit it creeped me out. I went back to bed, and had a dream that I went horseback riding only to realize too late (after crossing a fiery bridge, of course) that the four horsemen I was riding with were THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF THE APOCALYPSE.


I'll admit, that was a freaky dream. I don't know that I was even really conscious of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. In fact, if somebody had asked me about it before today, I probably would have said "I don't know." Then, to top it off, I even recalled the horsemen's names. (Yeah, I know. They have names. They are: Pestilence, War, Famine & Death.) So that would lead a person in a susceptible state of mind to conclude that either: 1.) I paid a lot more attention to Fr. Martin's freaky end-times lectures than I thought, and I am an incredible student OR 2.) The grim reaper is out to get me, and is whispering these freaking knowledges into my brain.

Now, being the non-superstitious person I am, I chose to believe option one. In an attempt to laugh it off, I pulled down the black blanket and looked at it. Then it came to me: I have no idea where this blanket came from or how I got it. Feeling a little stupid, I looked all over for a tag. None existed. I probably sat for 3 whole minutes trying to remember how I acquired that blanket, but I haven't the faintest. So... again, that could lead a person in a susceptible state of mind to conclude that either: 1.) I am a forgetful person (who can still somehow remember all fo the names of The Four Horsemen) and I probably stole the blanket from a friend, sister, etc and never returned it. OR 2.) The blanket found its way to me through Fate, and was actually hand-knit by the satanic knitting needles of Lucifer himself.

Again, I choose option number 1. But still... You can't blame me for being a bit weirded out.

(But seriously, don't be sending me any packages containing skulls or scythes or anything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment