Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Somebody here is mistaken...

I went to the doctor today, and this time I actually had somebody I liked. I might try to make her my doctor all the time. If only I could remember her name now...

But anyway, we were listening to my belly and she said she could hear the baby moving. I don't know that I believe her. I'm sure you can hear movement with those things, but in my case I am pretty sure either I was squirming or she was able to pick up on the tremendous gas I have after eating bran cereal and pears this morning. When we picked up the movement noises, it really did feel like gas.

So.. either the doctor is mistaken, and she thinks my gas is my baby (possible)

OR

I am mistaken, and I think my baby is gas (plausible). I don't know which one is worse.

But anyway... We were taken into a pretty scary exam room this time. Complete with a GIANT 3'x5' vagina/perenium/episiotomy poster. I think it freaked Jared out, but he wasn't willing to admit it. What freaked me out was a cartoonized poster of the menstrual cycle. It was like freaky comic book gore. A different poster actually had real photos of placenta & meconium. Sick.

Wouldn't this freak you out?

You'd think they'd find a way to make medical posters seem a little less imposing, but no. That poster is the one I'll have nightmares about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment